Can You Shred Chicken In A Blender
Shredding chicken can be tedious work and can take much of the preparation time for cooking. One might wonder: Can you shred chicken in a blender? Because if you can, it can make the work faster and can really save so much time. Read on to find out the answer.
Shredding By Blending
Can you shred chicken in a blender? Well, good news, because you can! It's a perfect hack to make shredding faster. Here's what to do.
- Prepare the chicken parts that you need to cook. Use boneless chicken breast if possible, so you don't have to work on removing the bones. You can remove the skin on this step, or you may do so when cooked.
- Cook the boneless chicken breasts in whatever method you want. You can boil the chicken, grill it or pan fry it.
Once the chicken is cooked, cut it in smaller pieces and toss it in the blender. Cutting the meat into smaller pieces will help in shredding it faster.
- Start blending. After 10 to 15 seconds, you will see shredded chicken.
Other Ways To Shred
Here are other methods you can do to shred your cooked chicken.
- Using forks - Put the meat on a plate and get two forks. Start separating the chicken into thin strips using the forks.
- Bare hands - Yes, you can shred using your hands too. Ensure to you wash your hands thoroughly if you will use this method. It's best to use gloves and let the chicken cool down before you start the shredding process.
- Stand mixer - Using a stand mixer is another fast way to shred chicken. All you need to do is put the cooked boneless chicken in the stand mixer and turn it on in a low setting.
Shredded Chicken Recipes
Here are some recipe ideas for your shredded chicken.
- Shredded chicken tacos - cook chicken breast in a pressure cooker and put chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pineapple juice. Once cooked, shred the chicken in its juice to soak in all the flavor. Next is to get some shredded chicken, and put it in your tortilla along with some lettuce, avocado, cheese, and salsa.
- Dill Chicken Salad - Get some yogurt, mayonnaise, white vinegar, salt and pepper, garlic powder, fresh dill, Dijon mustard, diced shallots, and shredded chicken. Mix everything, transfer in a jar, cover, and refrigerate for at least an hour. Then get your slices of bread and put the dill chicken salad. Add some lettuce and top it with another bread to make a sandwich.
Barbeque chicken nachos - Mix shredded chicken with BBQ sauce and make sure it's well coated. In a skillet, fix your nacho chips and spread them evenly. Put BBQ chicken on top layered with diced onions and then cheese. Repeat the same layers and bake them in the oven until the cheese melts.
Shredding chicken doesn't have to be a hard job. If you happen to have a blender in your kitchen, use it. It’s easier and faster.