How To Use A Blender: A Simple Guide
A blender is a piece of kitchen equipment excellent at handling liquids. It is a perfect machine for making smoothies, slushies, purees, soups, juices, and milkshakes.
If you have not used a blender yet, do not worry. It is very easy to learn how to blender.
Here, we will give you easy-to-follow steps so you can start prepping your favorite snacks and meals with your new blender.
Check The Manual
As with any appliance, your new blender comes with a user manual. It lists specific instructions on the assembly, operation, proper care and maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Even expert home cooks need to be guided by these manuals. Knowing the specific capability and capacity of your blender or any appliance will help you optimize its functions.
For this simple guide, we will be preparing a fruit smoothie. It will be like hitting two birds with one stone—you will learn how to use the blender, and you will also learn a new recipe.
- Make sure that your blender is assembled properly. Ask for assistance, and refer to the user guide.
- Make sure that your blender pitcher is clean.
- Plug your blender into an electric socket.
- Pour milk, fruit juice, or water into your blender.
- Toss in frozen bananas or strawberries. You can also mix in some other fresh fruits and some ingredients for vitamin boost (chia seeds, protein powder, or turmeric). Make sure that your fruits are chopped in small pieces so your blender can process them well.
- Put on the lid of your blender.
- Blenders come with different control buttons. It varies from one model to another. If yours have a Smoothie button, press it and run the blender until your mixture is smooth. You can also press the low speed button to start, then proceed at medium speed.
- You may add in crushed ice halfway through blending.
- Taste the mixture. You may add sugar or any sweetener to enhance the flavor to your liking. Then, blend again.
- Once your mixture is smooth, pour it in a glass or cup.
- Serve and enjoy!
Cleaning Your Blender
After learning a simple recipe and instructions on using blender for beginners, it’s time to know how to clean up your appliance.
Follow these steps to tidy up your blender quickly.
- Take off your blender pitcher from the base.
- Pour hot water until it reaches half of the pitcher.
- Then, add a drop of dish soap into the water.
- Place the pitcher back to the base. Make sure that it is secured. Hold the lid down with a towel.
- Power on the blender and run it for about ten seconds.
- After that, pour out the water from your pitcher.
- Rinse it properly and dry.
- Unplug the blender.
- Wipe away spillage or food residues from the base with a damp towel.
Here, you have learned that it is quick and easy how to blender a fruit smoothie. Other blender recipes work in the same way: pour all your ingredients and blend away.
Always refer to the user manual of your appliances for specific instruction on use and proper care.