How To Clean Vitamix Blender
Vitamix blenders are known to be expensive, but you are paying for the quality. And as much as possible, I know you would like your blender to last and get your money's worth. Let's learn how to use it correctly, and how to clean Vitamix blender to keep it in good shape.
Things To Keep In Mind
Here are some things you should not forget when you use your Vitamix blender.
- Follow the loading order of ingredients.
- If you need to blend at high speed, always start at a low setting and gradually increase.
- Make sure not to mix at high speed for too long to avoid overheating.
How To Properly Load Your Vitamix
You can't just throw in your ingredients in your Vitamix blender. You need to follow a specific loading order.
- First layer - Liquids should come first. This includes water, juices, yogurt, or any liquid ingredients.
- Second layer - Your dry ingredients should come next. This includes your seasonings, powders, grains, oats, etc.
- Third layer - After your dry goods should be your green leafy vegetables.
- Fourth layer - fruits and non-leafy vegetable
- Fifth layer - the last to load should be the frozen ingredients or ice. The weight given by this layer will help push the rest of the ingredients downward, resulting in a better blend.
How To Clean Your Vitamix Blender
Cleaning your blender is an easy task. Here's how to clean Vitamix blender.
- Pour warm water halfway through the blender.
- Get your dishwashing soap, and put a few drops on the warm water.
- Return the lid securely.
- Start the blender at a low speed, and gradually increase to high speed for about 1 minute.
- Remove the foamy mixture and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Dry it using a clean towel.
Cleaning The Cloudy Container
If there will be instances that the Vitamix container looks cloudy, you may follow the steps below.
- Put warm water to the blender.
- Mix a cup of vinegar to the water.
- Let it soak for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove the water-vinegar mixture, and clean with sponge and soap.
- Rinse thoroughly, making sure no soap is left.
- Dry using a clean towel or cloth.
Yummy Recipes To Try
Here are some recipes you can try to make using your Vitamix blender.
- Beet, Apple, and Ginger Smoothie - You will need 3 steamed beets, 3 carrots cut in halves, 3 medium-size diced apple, 3 pieces peeled ginger root, 1 1/2 peeled lemon, and 3 cups ice cubes.
- Apple, Carrot, Ginger, and Fennel Juice - You will need 1½ cup apple juice, 1 1/2 peeled lemon, 1 peeled orange, 1 tbsp. fresh ginger root, 2 medium-size carrots, 1 cup sliced fennel bulb, 1 medium-size apple, and 2 cups ice cubes.
- Ginger Juice - Half cup water, 1 cucumber, half celery stalk, 2 medium-size apples, 2 cups of kale, and 1 tbsp. fresh ginger root.
Vitamix Blender is a good addition to your kitchen appliances. It's expensive but a great investment.