How To Make A Milkshake With A Blender: Quick Recipes
Have you ever had those midnight ice cream cravings in summer when the humidity is high and the movie is rolling? Your favorite ice cream may not be as accessible as you'd want it to be with bad timing. Don't worry; stay hopeful. We will teach you how to make ice cream in a blender so you can satisfy those cravings any time at home.
Two Quick Recipes To Making A Milkshake Using A Blender
Before we show you how to make a milkshake with a blender, here's a fun milkshake fact: Blenders and milkshakes are much closer than you think. The electric blender was invented in 1922 specifically for milkshakes, and we're not surprised. Get your blender ready and start 'milkshaking!'
Classic Vanilla Milkshake
- Four full scoops of vanilla ice cream
- A fourth cup of milk
- Garnish: sprinkles, whipped cream, cherry
- Pour your ingredients into your blender.
- Blend until you achieve the right consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a glass.
- Top with whipped cream, drizzle with sprinkles, and top with a cherry.
Note: You can add mix-ins for your milkshakes, like Oreos, cookie doughs, or chocolate syrup.
Learning how to make a milkshake with a blender is as simple as 1,2,3, and it doesn't stop there. If you're vegan, there are available alternatives to these creamy ingredients.
Vegan Chocolate Banana Milkshake
For vegans, the enjoyment is the same dairy-free! These are the steps on how to make ice cream in a blender without dairy:
- Frozen banana slices
- Rice milk
- Cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Garnish: soy whipped cream, shaved chocolate
- Add your ingredients to a blender.
- Blend until all the ingredients are mixed in.
- Check every 30 seconds to see if you have the right consistency.
- Pour in a cup and top with garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tips For Making The Best Milkshake
Now that you've learned how to make a milkshake with a blender, we're sure you can't wait to dig in. But before you do, here are some tricks that will keep you and your friends wanting more.
- Learn to blend on a low setting to achieve a perfect blend. It may take some time, but it does the trick.
- Choose ice-cream that has lower butterfat content so it can better emulsify with milk. This trick is used in well-known ice cream shops and diners.
- For a seamless blend, add in your other ingredients first and slowly drip the milk in your blender while running on a low setting. Imagine making homemade mayonnaise or vinaigrette. Patience is key.
- Taste before you serve, just like a true culinary professional. If you feel you lack in other aspects, just add the ingredient and blend again.
No matter how you want to enjoy your milkshake, it's always best served with great company. And now that you know how to make a milkshake with a blender, you can host more milkshake parties in your home for friends and family.