How To Make Alcoholic Slushies With A Blender: A Tropical Recipe
Whether you’re chilling alone on a hot summer day or hosting a backyard barbecue party, you can quickly whip up alcoholic slushies for a perfect frozen treat.
An alcoholic slushy is an iced drink with alcoholic and non-alcoholic ingredients processed in a blender to achieve a slush texture.
How to make alcoholic slushies with a blender? Read on to learn an easy recipe!
Tropical Alcohol Slushy Recipe
Most slushy recipes involve vodka to enhance the taste. It gives your frozen treat a little punch or a kick—whichever you prefer having.
If you are one who wants a little juicy goodness in your slushy, this recipe is for you.
You will need to prepare two ounces of vodka, ¾ cups of pineapple juice and orange juice, 16 ounces of oranges, and crushed ice.
Pour all your ingredients in your blender, except the ice. Put on the lid. Then, run the blender starting at low speed for a minute or so, then proceed at medium speed.
Halfway through your blending, put in the crushed ice. Then, blend the mixture again, occasionally stirring it with a long-handled spoon to help the ice circulate.
Blend until you reach the right consistency—you will want a slushy texture, of course.
Taste the slushy. If you think it needs to be a little sweet, add a few tablespoons of sugar and blend again.
Serve in tower glasses or cups, or any container that you desire. You can add garnish like pineapple cuts or a slice of orange.
You can substitute other fruits in the mix to create new flavors.
No Blender Mix
If your blender breaks down at the last minute, but you still want to serve your guests a thirst-quenching slushy, there are a few alternatives.
Use Your Freezer
Using the same ingredients mentioned above, you can make an alcoholic slushy using your freezer.
- Pour all ingredients in a shallow dish. Make sure that the dish can hold up all your ingredients with a few inches left in the sides for mixing.
- Cover your dish with its lid or with a plastic wrap.
- Place it in the freezer.
- Freeze the mixture for 1.5 hours, then mix it every 30 minutes until you reach the third hour. Mixing breaks the ice and allows you to achieve the slushy texture.
- After three hours, serve your alcoholic slushy with your preferred garnish.
Use An Ice Cream Maker
You may also try creating an alcoholic slushy with an ice cream maker.
- Pour ingredients into the ice cream maker.
- Then process it for twenty minutes.
- Check the mixture for the right consistency. Process for a few more minutes if necessary.
- Once you achieve your desired texture, scoop up the mixture into glasses or cups.
- Serve and enjoy!
We hope that you enjoyed learning how to make alcoholic slushies with a blender.
To end, we will give you more tips for an excellent slushy: use frozen fruits, always use crushed ice, and start blending at low speed. Importantly, do not blend your mixture for too long, or you risk creating a runny beverage. Remember, your goal is a slushy texture. Have fun!