How To Make Carrot Juice In A Blender: Quick Mix
Oh, carrots. They taste good when steamed, sautéed, roasted, and even when mixed in salads. They’re not only delicious but also packed with Vitamin A.
Carrots are also a popular ingredient for mixed or combination fruit juices. But have you tried drinking a plain carrot juice?
If not, why not make one for yourself? Here, we will share how to make carrot juice in a blender. You read that right. You do not need a juicer for this recipe, only your trusty blender. Let’s start.
Easy Carrot Juice Recipe
How to make carrot juice using blender is quite easy. If you have been using your blender to make fresh fruit juices, you may be familiar with most of the steps in this recipe.
Follow these steps to blend carrots into a healthy drink:
- Take two to three cups of regular-sized carrots to make one glass of juice.
- Wash the carrots under running water. Use a vegetable brush to scrub away dirt residues.
- Cut off the tops and chop them into small pieces. The smaller they are, the easier your blender can juice them.
- Put the cut-up carrots in your blender and pour water until it reaches halfway through the carrots. If you want your juice more diluted, add more water.
- Put on the lid.
- Run your blender on medium speed.
- Line a cup or container with a nut milk bag.
- Once the mixture is smooth, pour the contents into your cup or container.
- Squeeze the bag to get as much liquid from the mixture as possible.
- You can save the pulp for other recipes. Store it in the refrigerator.
- Serve with ice.
To optimize its health benefits, drink your carrot juice on an empty stomach when you wake up in the morning.
How To Store Carrot Juice
If you have made more carrot juice blender than what you can drink today, there are different ways to store your juice.
If you cannot consume the juice immediately, put it in a sealed container, and place it in the fridge. To keep it fresh, squeeze in two tablespoons of lemon juice or lime. It will last for about 48 hours.
If you plan to store it beyond this mark, you can also freeze your carrot juice. Make sure that you freeze the juice at its freshest. Take a freezer-safe container and pour in the mixture. Do not fill the container to the brim. Instead, leave the headroom for expansion.
After that, put on the lid. Write a label and the date before putting it in the freezer.
If you plan on consuming the frozen juice, remove it from the freezer the night before. Allow it to thaw in the fridge. In the morning, give your juice a little shake or mix it with a spoon to bring back its consistency.
Pour a little more water if you find the taste strong for your buds. Do not refreeze thawed carrot juice.
Now that you learned the easy way on how to make carrot juice in a blender, a healthy drink is just within your reach. Make sure that you use fresh vegetables and fruits every time you make your juices. Enjoy!