How To Make Hummus In A Blender: Best Recipes
Are you looking for the best recipes for dips and spreads? Well, you just found the right article. In this content, we will teach you how to make hummus in a blender. Why hummus? Of course, because it is one of the most flavorful and healthy dip and spread known to many people today. Read until the end to learn that you don’t have to spend money in buying expensive hummus because you can make your own.
What is Hummus?
Before we answer the question, “How to make hummus in a blender?” let us first learn what hummus is. You might already be enjoying this creamy, thick spread without even knowing what it is made of. So here are some essential facts for you.
Hummus is a spread, dip, or savory dish.
It is made primarily from mashed chickpeas and healthy ingredients, such as Tahini, lemon juice, and garlic.
It is popular in the Middle East.
It has been famous worldwide over the past couple of decades.
Hummus is the most widely consumed Middle Eastern food in the United States.
- Eating hummus has health benefits.
After learning those facts we just gave you, for sure, all you want to know is how to make hummus in a blender. Here is a simple recipe that you can easily follow.
- Canned chickpeas
- Home-made Tahini
- Fresh lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Remove the skin for an extra smooth hummus.
- In a blender, pour the home-made Tahini and fresh lemon.
- Turn on the blender for 1 minute. Scrape the sides and bottom of the blender and process for another 30 seconds.
- Add the garlic, olive oil, cumin, and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Turn the blender on for another minute until everything is mixed.
- Scrape the blender again.
- Finally, add the chickpeas.
- Blend for another minute or two. Check if the hummus is smooth according to your preference.
- To make the hummus really smooth, add 3 tablespoons of water.
You now have an extra smooth hummus that is way better than anything you buy in the store. You can make hummus with either canned or home-cooked chickpeas. Learning how to make hummus in a blender is simple. So why hesitate to make your own? Just follow the given steps carefully.
Using the Right Blender
This additional tip that we will be giving you is important. When making hummus, you can use food processor or blender. Most households use a blender because it’s what many homeowners have in their kitchen. If you use a blender, make sure that it is a high-powered one. The result will also depend on the type of food processor you use.
Making Your Own Hummus Recipe
Since learning how to make hummus in a blender is pretty easy, you are now ready to make your own recipe anytime. You can even make use of your kitchen creativity. So what are you waiting for? Do it now!