How To Make Orange Juice With A Blender: A Foolproof Recipe
Fresh fruit juices are healthy and refreshing. Just thinking about a glass of it might make you want to grab one. Good news, you can easily make one for yourself and your whole family!
No, you do not need to buy a fancy juicer. Here, we will share how to make orange juice with a blender. Read on.
Blender Orange Juice Recipe
Making orange juice with a blender is so easy! For your ingredients, prepare oranges, cold water, and ice. You may also add sugar or honey if necessary.
You will need a juice strainer or sieve to strain the pulps.
Here are the steps on how to make fresh orange juice with a blender:
- Carefully wash the oranges. Remove the pith, and peel them.
Discard the seeds then chop the oranges in small pieces so your blender can process them well.
- Once your cut-up fruits are in the blender, run it in low to medium speed until the mixture is pulpy and the oranges are crushed.
Add water to achieve your desired texture and blend a little more.
Line a bowl with a juice strainer or put a sieve over the bowl to strain the lumps and pulps.
You can add sugar and honey if you think your juice needs a little sweetening. Mix well.
Pour the juice in cups and serve with ice.
- Consume immediately as orange juice tends to turn bitter with time.
We have also put together some tips for you to achieve a refreshing and healthy orange juice.
- Choose fresh and juicy fruits. Withered fruits do not produce as much juice as fresh ones. They also do not taste as good.
You may also add vegetables into your fruit juice for added vitamins.
Follow the advised capacity (number of cups) of your blender. Do not overwhelm your small blender with a big batch of fruits.
- You may also add these ingredients to your liking for an extra vitamin boost: chia seeds, black pepper, and turmeric.
Benefits Of Orange Juice
Your glass of orange juice is more than a thirst-quenching mixture. As you know, it contains nutrients that are good for your body. Here, we have listed some specific benefits of orange juice.
- Nutrient-packed. An eight-ounce glass of orange juice contains protein (2 grams) carbohydrates (26 grams), Vitamin C (67% of the Reference Daily Intake), folate (15% of the RDI), potassium (10% of the RDI), and magnesium (6% of the RDI).
High in antioxidants. Orange juice has high antioxidant content that helps prevent diseases.
Increases pH of urine. An increased pH level in your urine makes it more alkaline; hence, reducing risks of kidney stones.
Increases levels of good cholesterol. Long-term consumption of orange juice, some studies suggest, improves heart health as it increases good cholesterol and decreases bad cholesterol in the body.
How to make orange juice with a blender is indeed very easy. A healthy drink is just within your reach.
Although orange juice is linked to many health benefits, you should still drink it in moderation. It is not the sole factor in achieving good health. A balanced diet, regular exercise, and awareness of your potential and existing conditions will help you maintain a sound body and mind.