How To Make Tomato Juice In A Blender
Tomatoes are rich in vitamins and minerals. The lycopene found in tomatoes is known to be good for the health and has the ability control the growth of cancer cells in the body. Tomatoes are not just an excellent addition in the dishes you cook or on your salad. But you can drink them, too. Here's how to make tomato juice in a blender.
Tomato Juice: No Cook
You can make a plain tomato juice, or spice it up a bit by adding some optional ingredients. Let us try how to make tomato juice in a blender. The recipe below does not require you to cook the tomatoes.
What you need:
- Tomatoes (canned or fresh ones)
Optional ingredients that you can try to help make your tomato juice more tasty
- 1 celery with leaves (cut or sliced)
- 1 carrot cut into pieces
- 1 onion sliced into quarters
- Some fresh basil leaves
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
What to do:
- Wash the tomatoes well.
- Remove the cores of the tomatoes. If they have bad spots, make sure to remove them as well.
- Toss the clean tomatoes in the blender along with other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour the juice in a bowl while filtering the chunky bits.
- Transfer the juice in a glass. Drink and enjoy.
Cooking Tomatoes Before Juicing
Other recipes suggest cooking the tomatoes. Here's what to do if you like to cook the tomatoes before you juice them.
- Put water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Put your fresh tomatoes in the boiling water for about one minute or until you can see that the skin is starting to crack.
- Remove the tomatoes and wash them with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Start removing the skin, remove the cores, and chop them before tossing in the blender.
Benefits of Tomato Juice
Here are some health benefits you can get from drinking tomato juice every day.
Strong bones – Tomatoes are rich in calcium and vitamin K that will help you have sturdy bones.
- Aids indigestion – Tomatoes can boost your digestive system, which keeps you away from constipation.
- Good for the heart – Lycopene is very beneficial for the heart. It helps strengthen the walls of our blood vessels and eliminate cholesterol from the blood.
Removes toxins from the body – Drinking tomato juice every day will wash out toxins from our body. It helps in cleansing our liver and kidney.
- Healthy eyesight – Tomatoes have components that we need to help us maintain good eyesight. These are beta-carotene, lutein, as well as vitamin C.
There are so many benefits tomatoes have to offer, and the list just goes on and on. So try to include tomatoes in your everyday diet.